I may be in the minority these days, but I actually love making New Years resolutions. To me they are more like goals for the year instead of a list of things I will probably fail at. Re-evaluating my goals for the year is something I actually do seasonally. Around the beginning of each season I write out a rough list of what I would like to accomplish during that season. So New Years goals are, for me, just my goals for the year squashed in with my goals for the winter season.
In 2014 I would like to:
- Improve my skills in Photoshop and Lightroom. I would really like to learn compositing and improve my artistic skills in Photoshop.
- Further develop my photographic style and explore photography in new ways
- Finish documenting my family’s recipes here on my blog and create a small book as gifts for my family
- Work on my spiritual self
- Find regular exercise I enjoy
- Grow a successful vegetable garden and preserve the harvest
- Continue paying off our debt (I am a Dave Ramsey girl)
- Get Gavin to sleep through the night, in his own bed
- Teach myself to draw
- Read more books
- Start writing a book
- Explore the county with my kids
- Become more Me
This winter I would like to:
- Knit Gavin an earflap hat, a pair of mittens and some booties
- Finish a few knitting projects neglected from previous winters
- Build another garden bed
- Add worms to the garden
- Deep clean the entire house
- Finish painting and rearranging Brae’s room
I hope to revisit this list in a year to see how I have progressed!
What are YOUR goals for this year?